Migration of Sponsored Projects onto the ReMIS and GAMS
Main page content
The Office of Grants and Research wishes to bring to the notice of all Researchers/Principal Investigators (PIs)/Project Coordinators, the complete migration of all sponsored projects/grants in the University onto the Research Management Information System (ReMIS) and Grants Accounting Management System (GAMS) platforms by March 2, 2020.
ReMIS is a web-based database system designed to capture research and grant-related information in KNUST.
- It enables KNUST to track its successes regarding how many proposals get approved on a yearly basis.
- It helps to present a university-wide view of all donor/externally funded projects of KNUST.
GAMS is an accounting software developed to facilitate the automation of grant accounting and reporting at KNUST.
- This system operates in tandem with the ReMIS in a way that only captured projects on the ReMIS can be accessed on the GAMS to attach their corresponding approval budgets.
- When the budgets get uploaded, payments request could then be committed against budget lines.
- GAMS has also been integrated into the University accounting system to complete the accounting process.
All Principal Investigators/Project Coordinators are to submit their project budgets and other relevant information to their College Accountants by February 29, 2020.