Main page content
OGR supports staff of KNUST during the Pre-Award, Award and Post Award Stages. Specific functions include the following:
- Help identify funding opportunities and disseminate this information to potential principal investigators and research team members.
- Support researchers and staff in preparing proposals and budgets.
- Review research proposals prior to submission to conform with institutional policies and sponsor requirements, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure timely submission of applications and track the review process.
- Review, negotiate, and accept grants, contracts, and subcontracts that support sponsored research on behalf of the university.
- Prepare, negotiate, and issue sub-awards required under sponsored research awards at KNUST.
- Advise and assist faculty and college research administrators in interpreting award terms and conditions.
- Serve as a liaison with sponsors for award requirements award management matters.
- Ensure the University’s interests are protected in contractual relationships, grant applications and awards and reports.
- Provide advice and monitor compliance with policies and procedures, as well as clarify administrative and financial regulations and requirements.
- Give support to researchers in the development and submission of technical and financial reports.
- Work with PIs and project teams to solve problems that may arise during grant period.
- Assist in responding to sponsor queries and requirements.
- Monitor sponsored research activities and ensure that they comply with sponsor, institutional and national requirements.
- Ensure that awards are closed out.
- Maintain proper records on grants in the University.
- Create and maintain information on proposals, funders and their funding areas, etc.
- Compile and maintain information and data on KNUST for use by researchers.
- Develop and update templates and toolkits that can be used by researchers during proposal development.
- Organise research methodology, proposal writing and grant administration training sessions.
- Promote team building, research capacity building and mentoring in the university by facilitating the formation of diverse and multi-disciplinary research teams.
- Identify externally funded training opportunities for faculty and staff.
- Facilitate effective dissemination of research outputs.